Take your amazing costume and join us at the Halloween Bar Crawl - special savings using discount code: DIY @ HalloweenPartyBarCrawls.com
Halloween is a time for fun, excitement, and dressing up in creative costumes. If you're planning on hitting the bar crawl with your significant other, you'll need to come up with a great couple costume. Enjoy the top ideas for DIY costumes for couples for a Halloween Bar Crawl But don't worry, you don't have to spend a fortune to look good. Here are a few DIY costume ideas that are both creative and affordable, We also have great articles for DIY Halloween costumes for singles, groups, and on the cheap!
- Horror movie characters
This is a classic couple costume idea that is always a hit. You could dress up as Freddy Krueger and Nancy Thompson from "A Nightmare on Elm Street," or Michael Myers and Laurie Strode from "Halloween.
Here are some cheap materials you can use for a Freddy Krueger and Nancy costume:
- A red and green striped sweater
- Brown pants
- A brown fedora
- A brown leather glove
- A metal claw attachment for the glove (optional)
- Fake burns (optional)
- A fake beard (optional)
- Clothes: A white button-down shirt Jeans A sweater Boots
- Accessories: A baseball cap (optional) A backpack (optional)
- A blue or black jumpsuit
- A white mask
- Black work boots
- A fake knife (optional)
- Fake blood (optional)
- Clothes: A white button-down shirt Jeans A sweater Boots
- Accessories: A baseball cap (optional) A flashlight (optional)
Or what about Disney movie characters?
- Clothes: A vest, a wide baggy pants, get a little hat made with paper and put a little bow at the top.
- Get a cute monkey teddy bear.
- Clothes: blue top, cut it, get crafty!!
- Get a nice wig and style it with golden paper foil.
There is plenty of movies you can choose from, let your imagination run and pick your favorite character villain, and victim!!!
- Superhero costumes
If you're looking for something a little more lighthearted, you could dress up as your favorite superhero couple. Some popular options include Superman and Lois Lane, Batman and Robin, or Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor.
Here are some cheap materials you can use for a Superman and Lois Lane costume:
- A blue t-shirt
- Red jeans or leggings
- A red cape (optional)
- Red boots (optional)
- A yellow "S" symbol (optional)
- Clothes: A white button-down shirt A black pencil skirt Black pumps
- Accessories: A trench coat (optional) A fedora (optional)
- Clothes: A blue swimsuit or bodysuit Red boots or sandals A red cape (optional)
- Accessories: A yellow star tiara (optional) A silver lasso (optional) Silver bracelets (optional)
- Clothes: A khaki shirt Brown pants Brown boots A brown fedora (optional)
- Accessories: A leather belt (optional) A toy gun (optional)
Here are some extra tips:
- Use old clothes: You can use old clothes as the base for your costume. For example, you could use a red shirt and blue jeans for a Superman costume, or a black shirt and pants for a Batman costume.
- Add accessories: You can add accessories to make your costume more complete. For example, you could add a cape, mask, or belt to your superhero costume.
- Use craft materials: You can use craft materials to create the details of your costume. For example, you could use felt to make the bat symbol on Batman's chest, or you could use cardboard to make the shield for Captain America.
Don't be afraid to get creative with your costume. You can use your imagination to come up with a unique and original design. No matter which costume you pick, what matters is that you are going with your favorite one, make sure to pick the best event in town.
- Food items
If you're on a tight budget, there are still plenty of great couple's costume ideas out there. You could dress up as food items, like french fries and ketchup, or animals, like cats and dogs.
- French fries and ketchup: All you need are some old jeans, a white T-shirt, and some red and yellow fabric. Cut the fabric into the shape of french fries and ketchup packets, and then sew them onto your clothes.
- Cats and dogs: This is a great costume idea for couples with pets. All you need is some animal ears and tails, and some face paint. You can also dress up your pets in matching costumes!
- Pizza: This is a fun and easy costume idea that is perfect for couples who love pizza. All you need is a white T-shirt, some red fabric, and some black felt. Cut the fabric into the shape of a pizza slice, and then sew it onto your shirt. You can also add some pepperoni and cheese details with the felt.
Here are some specific materials that you can use to make a food costume:
- Fruit or vegetable costumes:
- Old clothes or sheets
- Fabric paint
- Dessert costumes:
- Cardboard box
- White paper
- Frosting (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Fast food costumes:
- Brown paper bags
- Red paper plate
- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, etc.)
- Candy costumes:
- Red paper tube
- Yellow paper
- Pipe cleaner
- Easy costumes
If you don't have a lot of time to put together a costume, there are plenty of easy options available. You could dress up as a couple of bananas, or a couple of construction workers.
- Bananas: All you need are some yellow shirts and some green pants. You can also add some fake bananas to your belts for a more realistic look.
- Construction workers: This is a great costume idea for couples who are handy. All you need is some overalls, hard hats, and safety vests. You can also add some fake tools to your belts for a more complete look.
- Chess pieces: This is a fun and unique costume idea
Here are some additional materials that you may need, depending on the specific costume you are making:
- Sewing needles and thread
- Fabric markers
No matter what your budget or skill level, there is a DIY Halloween costume that is perfect for you. So get creative, have some fun, and let your inner Halloween spirit shine through!
Here are some additional tips for making your DIY Halloween costume look great and last all night long:
- Make it social! Gather together with friends and family. Making a DIY costume is a great way to have some fun and get creative with your friends and family. You can help each other out with the different parts of the costume, and it can be a bonding experience.
- Start planning early. This will give you enough time to gather all of the materials you need and make sure your costume is perfect.
- And last but not least, use all types of materials. Clothes from second-hand stores, GoodWill, Salvation Army, your old pajamas, everything works! And since we want to make it easier for you, We have some locations that might help you on your search for Chicago, Dallas, Denver, and Indianapolis.
Goodwill Store- 1201 W Washington Blvd
Crossroads Trading- 1519 N Milwaukee Ave
Buffalo Exchange- 1478 N Milwaukee Ave
Goodwill Store- 1606 Greenville Ave
Genesis Benefit Thrift Store- 3419 Knight St
Dated Faded Worn- 2924 Main St #103
Charlie's 2nd Hand Store Inc- 2227 Larimer St
Goodwill Archer Store-21 S Broadway
Garage Sale Vintage- 1445 Larimer St
Broad Ripple Vintage- 824 E 64th St
Goodwill Store-6110 N Keystone Ave
The Toggery Resale Boutique- 1810 Broad Ripple Ave Ste 4 Suite 4
About Social Scene
Social Scene creates a “scene” (community) an environment to connect people, build relationships, and create memories through social events.
Visit BeSocialScene.com for the most up-to-date events and to partner on an upcoming experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message directly at BeSocialScene.com. Be Social. Be Seen.
Topics: Halloween Content